Mobile app that allows users to search for TV satellite signals
Search for a satellite signal to position a dish or to get a signal for your phone.
Satellite Director is an app that is easy to use. You can search for a signal to make it easier to position a dish on the outside of the home instead of moving the dish around to several locations. It can help you save time when positioning the dish so that you can view television in the home as soon as possible.
Satellite Director not only makes it easier to locate the right spot to place a satellite at the home, but it lets you get a satellite signal or locate one that is anywhere orbiting the Earth. This doesn't mean that you'll always be able to use the signal that you find from the satellite, but it's a neat option to see how many satellites are actually in space at the time. One of the things to keep in mind is that the process to find the satellite is somewhat detailed, but there are instructions that are easy to follow as long as you don't try to locate more than one signal at one time.
- Find satellite signals
- View signals in space
- Rather difficult to use
- Doesn't work at times
1.53 Added: instead of finding a satellite find an antenna via its GPS location (switch between the 2 via the settings menu on the "2 Satellites" tab; updated satellite lists (Echostar 19 is in the extended list)
CyanogenMod is not 100% compatible so do not complain about crashes if you use it.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_LOCATION_EXTRA_COMMANDS: Allows an application to access extra location provider commands.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.